Crispy Air-fried Brussels
1 lb Brussels
1 tsp Grapeseed Oil (I use a spray bottle to coat evenly)
Salt & Pepper to Taste
Herbs & Spices of Choice (Smoked Paprika, Braggs Seasoning, Turmeric, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Italian Seasoning, Rosemary)
Sweet Thai Chili Sauce for dipping
- Remove undesirable leaves and then wash brussels (very well! brussels have layers) in a colander and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Cut off the stem & then cut each brussel in half, return to the colander.
- Spray brussels with oil (or pour it on) and toss with seasonings over the sink to avoid making a huge mess.
- Pour the brussels into the air fryer and cook at 350*F for approximately 15 minutes if you have a single layer in the basket. (an oven works also at 400* for approximately 15 minutes, varies by oven)
- When finished, put in a bowl and serve with thai chili sauce for an appetizer or serve with meal.. With thai chili sauce.. The sauce is really where it's at.
- Pitta use caution with the chili sauce.. Maybe try some duck sauce instead or something a little less heating, taziki might be good.
ish note : you can actually roast all cruciferous veggies (broccoli, cauliflower) in this same way + they will turn out delicious. :)